Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The mission and 19th Birthday draw closer. (Day: January 16th)

Well much hasn't happened lately to me. I got little info for my mission aka my itinerary for me to get to South Africa. I leave April 8th and get to South Africa April 10th....long trip.....hopefully I can really master sleeping on a plane.....I know my dad and my Unlce Craig can back me up in saying I CAN sleep on a plane but that is after working all night for WATG....and this is just a get up and go and never look back thing.

Anyways so I leave Salt Lake City International at 2:40 pm on the 8th and I fly to Chicago where I land, with a couple of other missionaries who I guess are going to the same mission as me or something, at 6:40 pm. This will be fun even if it is short since it will be my first time to Chicago. If I can I might try and buy a little easy to keep around me for 2 years, non-breakable souvenior and take some pictures of me around the airport and of as much of the city as I can. So then at 8:25 pm I leave on British Airways to London. We get to London at 10 am on April 9th. This will also be cool since it will be my 3rd time outside the country and first time to Europe and London. So I can cross that goal off my list of things to do before I die. We are in London ALL DAY! And when I say ALL DAY....I MEAN ALL DAY!!!!!!! We don't leave to South Africa till 9:05 that night. Now MY HOPE....is that either they will say something to us that will allow us to explore London or that people over in London will hear about us and some local Missionaries will come and pick us up and show us around till we have to be back to fly to Africa.....BECAUSE EVEN WITH OTHER MISSIONARIES....I DON'T WANT TO BE STUCK IN LONDON'S AIRPORT ALL DAY WHEN I CAN BE OUT CHECKING OUT ONE OF THE WORLD'S COOLEST CITIES!!!!!!!! My dad says I'll be stuck in there....others agree and disagree with him. I am the disagree people or one of them. We'll have to see. Personally my opinion is that even though I am a missionary...I don't know why I should just click into missionary mode while flying there and just be all excited about sitting in London's airport reading scriptures. Hate to say it people but that is not me.....yet! And that won't be fun.

Anyways so we leave London at 9:05 pm on April 9th and then we get to South Africa....Johannesburg at 9:15 am on April 10th. It says people will pick me or us up and take us to the MTC and then life as a missionary will begin.

Again along the way I hope to take pictures and lots of them. I will be in the MTC for 19 days I read and then I go to Cape Town. In the MTC they said they have limited resources and so they won't have e-mail so I might write my MTC address on here if people want to send me stuff but I haven't decided. So if I can, and I hope some how I will be able to, I will see if I can post on here still while out on my mission just any little cool stories and pictures. DO NOT COUNT ON IT.....BUT YOU NEVER KNOW.

Anyways then the only good news is that my 19th birthday is in a week and I am taking a Book of Mormon class up at BYU's Salt Lake Center along with New Testament and then I signed up for a Mission Prep class at UVSC or UVU or whatever it is now and then I am living at home with my parents and I have no job.....but I am hoping both of those things change soon and before I leave.....but we'll just have to wait and see...............

Anyways please wish me luck. It really helps me out and motivates me and I think I might need some. I've been feeling sick lately and it usually happens when I talk about or do stuff for my mission which is leading me to believe I am getting nervous about it. So any support or luck wishing might help out if me being nervous is really the case of what's going on with my little sickness lately.

Thanks for everything and hopefully you'll be able to hear from me somehow, someway when I get out there to South Africa either on here or facebook or e-mail or picasa or whatever.

PEACE OUT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.