Sunday, September 9, 2007

BYU-Idaho (Day: 1)

Well after waking up an hour later than expected and driving 4 hours by myself with all my stuff in the little 2005 Colorado Truck with nothing but my iPod playing me Monty Python and the Holy Grail, one of my old Lone Peak Radio Hours, and some other music. It was still a fun little trip! Anyways so I am finally at BYU-I and am finally in Rexburg, so now I can finally write blogs about life up here. And what better way than to start out with DAY 1!!!!!! So after getting through the heart ache of leaving my Mom and my Dad, Paula, and my family, then waking up at 7 am instead of 6 am and driving for 4 hours by myself with my specially made scotcheroos from Grandma Hutchings and calling my mom and dad every once and a while because of my excitement and them calling me just to see how I'm doing and for my dad....telling me where he is as he is trailing behind me on the way up, I made it. So I get here and first off I get lost. I got thrown off because the road infront of my dorm is blocked by road and other construction. So I go up the road towards the main info. hall only to see that it didn't look like that was where I had to be. So I backtrack to this little parking lot that I saw people going into and it looked like people were telling them where to park and everything. Well when I get there....nobody is there to tell you where to park but people are going in and parking. So I decided to go in and park and see what is up. So I get in and right when I do, I see a friend of mine from Lone Peak High there, so I get out and say hi and then walk off to the Hall that I'm next to. I look around and see people sitting there with little tables with all the resident stuff and so I go up to them. They say Hi and ask me if I'm a resident here. I tell them I have no clue, so they ask for my name which I give them and then they find me and give me my resident stuff, so I was in that hall. So they guide me from the table of where I go, and I head off. My room is #223 which I figured, and I think they told me, was on the second floor and then I just followed the numbers all the way to #223. I pull out the key and start working at it and after I get in and go to turn it....the door is pulled open and my roommate happens to already be there. The kid's name is Andrew and he's from Washington D.C. and he is a freshmen. From just talking a little...the kid seems cool to me and I'm happy that he ends up being a freshmen and everything, because I was worried about that, and appearently he was too. So after a while I run off to get some stuff, call Mom and Dad and tell them about the info. I get on my roommate, Dad tells me they are about 30 minutes or so out so I start grabbing stuff and bringing it up. I make 2 trips and by the time I get back for the 3rd, Dad and Paula show up and help me with the last load. They go up with me and meet my roommate and help me with my stuff like my computer and everything. We unpack here and there and try and figure everything out. Once that is done I start realizing that I am smelling a little bad from all the carrying and sweating and stuff and Dad and Paula do too which they weren't all that happy about. The thing that sucks is like I threw on Deoderant in the morning but I guess all they deoderant that I got sucked so bad that they wore off in like seconds and so we had a problem. So since I ran out of deoderant and needed some other things, Dad and Paula decided to help guide me to get my BYU card and then we were gonna run to Wal-Mart or wherever and get some supplies of toiletries and they they would have to bail so they could run back to Utah to make it to Hayley Cowdell's Pre-Wedding Reception. Well when we get to the main hall we find that the I-Card place is closed for some reason, so we try and figure out what I am gonna do about food, so we go to the food people and they tell us if I just give them my BYU # they'll give me food and stuff. So we walk out and run to town. We end up stopping at Walgreen's and Dad and Paula see that they have to leave. So they leave me and I go in to do all the shopping. I get my stuff and go back to my dorm to finish all my unpacking and get cleaned up.

So when I get in my roommate tells me about how him and his friends are gonna go into Idaho Falls for stuff so I offer to drive there. After I unpack and change and everything is set, we took off to go hang out with his friends over at a different apartment building. Well his friends end up being some of the apartment workers who are just getting off for the day. They decided to clean up a little and my roommate gets hungry so we leave to go find what food there was around town. We go up Main Street and then get to a "T" intersection and then go down that road and end up finding a Jack In The Box. They had like Taco Bell, Gandolfo's, Dominoe's, Pizza Hut, and other stuff along the way but I hadn't been to a Jack In The Box since we were coming home from Family Camp so I decided we'd go there. So we go there and get little burgers and then head back to his friend's place. They are all done and we go run out the door. His friends get in one car and we get in my Colorado and take off to Idaho Falls. When we get there we stop by this shopping center which is kind of like a Costco or maybe more like a Sam's Club but it wasn't either of them. It was called something like Wally's Co. or something weird. My roomy said it was like Wal-Mart but not so. Anyways we go in and my roomy gets some things and I get some Roasted Sunflower Seeds like the ones Paula gets for Hawaiian Haystacks and some Butter for my popcorn maker stuff and a pair of sunglasses. So when we pay my roomy offers to pay and I just pay his back 1/2 way which after he bought I quickly paid him back from the money I had in my pocket. Then after everyone got done shopping we went to the Mall to see what it was like. The mall there is a lot like University Mall except smaller and with a little less stores in there, but my roomy and his friends end up going to this place called GNC and looking around at all these vitaimins and stuff, the even cooler thing is my roomy seems to know all the good stuff along with one of his friends who I guess is majoring in Biology and then his other friend worked at a health food store. So we get some stuff called Men's Mega Men which is supposed to be like vitaimins that like have a lot of stuff to help make your muscles stronger and have other good healthy stuff too, and all those guys said it was good and everything. So they get like these big 3-Month lasting packs and I got this little, maybe, 2 week pack because it was $9 and the 3-Month thing was like $30 or so. Well also while I'm there I start asking them about some of this weight losing stuff because I had been saying all summer how once I got to Idaho I was gonna look for this kind of stuff. Well my roomy shows me all these things that he says would work and are GNC made and all that but they are like $30 and I didn't want to spend so much money so quickly, so I decided I'd come back for them some other time and everything and my roommate said he was gonna help me out in working out at the GYM and losing some weight. Well after we get done there my roommate and I decide to check out this costume place that we saw on the way to GNC, so we go cruise it and I go look around in there for a Knight Costume because I wanna do this Monty Python costume but I didn't find anything and then we decided that we wanted to leave.

So we left and came back to our dorm to watch some of the college football that was on the tele and everything and then after that we went to bed, which by then it was like 1:30 for me when I fell asleep and that was because I was writing in my journal and everything. I met some cool people in my hallway and my friend from Lone Peak is on my same hallway and then that was it. The people in the dorm across the hall I'm cool with and they have a 360 and we played a little Halo 2 also yesterday and everything. So everything here is a little weird to me still but cool. Last night I felt like at around 10 pm I should just be getting in my car and driving back hom but I knew I wasn't supposed to and everything so. But yeah so life is good and now I'm all in and everything. There are cute girls here and I'm just going day by day. And now when anything cool happens I'll jump on here and write....or just when I wanna tell about things that happened over the week, I'll write in here too....kinda like a journal but not.

Wish my luck on the new College life and I hope you guys enjoy reading my stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the help in this question. All ingenious is simple.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely with you it agree. In it something is also to me this idea is pleasant, I completely with you agree.

Anonymous said...

Let's talk on this theme.