Monday, September 10, 2007

Note To Self... (Day: 3)

Ok so today was an interesting day in that it was the start of our freshmen orientation stuff. I went to bits and pieces of it and it was fun and interesting. P.S. This is probably gonna be one of the shortest posts I do. Ok so anyways to end the night they had a dance for just the freshmen and everything which it was alright, especially in the case of scoping out and trying to meet the cute girls. But anyways, from this dance I discovered 2 things that every future freshmen should know: first off, if you are a freshmen, at a new school, where you don't know loads of people, my suggestion is to not go to the first dance of the year. I discovered this when I went to the first dance at my new high school in Utah but it became more official to me tonight. Unless you have a squad of like 20 friends that you know and that know each other and you go with them to the dance, you end up standing around and only lightly dancing. Now this is fine if you wanna do that and just have fun with the slow dances but for me it doesn't really work. I kinda felt stupid just standing around and not really feeling comfortable to dance like I would at like a Family Camp Dance or a Lone Peak High Dance and all that just because I dunno that many people here and didn't feel comfortable.

Ok so Rule #1 Don't go to first dance unless you have a huge squad of friends to go with.

So then here is my next discovery I made: When you see a cute girl or girls, make sure you just always have your eye on them, don't like stock them or anything but don't get distracted by things like text messages either. I found this cute girl who was dressed up all nice and her hair too and her friends all did the same thing, and so I wanted to ask to a slow song and was hoping one was coming up soon. Well I got a text message from a friend in Utah and so I look down and write back and then look up to see if I can still see that girl and she was gone. I ran around to try and find her but with no luck. I looked and looked and couldn't find her and the slow song came and I didn't dance with anyone and so that didn't work out.

My track record for the first dance of the year was Makes: 0, Attempts: 1, Slow Songs: 2

I actually asked a girl who told me flat out No, it was sad but whatever.

Anyways so Rule #2: If you wanna ask a girl to a slow song, make sure you know where she is, but don't like stock or spy on her and creep her out in some weird way.

Anyways so that was my Day 3 and First Dance.....which wasn't all that successful.

But whatever....it's the beginning of school and classes haven't even started....life is pretty good so far.

No comments: