Thursday, September 13, 2007

Wait, woh, woh.....this is the Lord's School!? (Day: 5)

Ok so....I had my first day of classes on Wednesday and so far I have come to the conclusion that all the classes I am taking for my major are going to be hard and all my general education classes are gonna be or at least seem easy. But I honestly have to say....I'm still trying to get used to, because I'm a little weirded out by, all the church stuff they have at this school. Yeah it's BYU and it should be obvious that they would do this but you are reading the posts of someone that has been slowly getting worked up to this point basically. I went from Orange County, CA where if you mentioned being Mormon they automatically thought you had 100 wives or wanted 100 wives and had horns and all that, then going to Highland, UT in the middle of "HAPPY VALLEY" where they had separation of church and state there but when you had teachers saying things like "My Local Religious Organization" or "His or Her Two Year Religious Excursion" and stuff like that you know they were talking about Church and missions and stuff and then you went to seminary and it was just all out there and you were cool with it. Now I am here....and when I walk into class and they are asking someone to give a prayer or I walk into Biology and the teacher goes from talking about what we are going to learn to talking about Alma and Amulek and getting called out by Zeezorm or whoever and talking about how much money a judge made in Nephite Currency and how much the bribe was that Zeezrom was offering Amulek to deny God and all that.....it is a little weird. I heard and knew that they would do stuff like that....because when they went to College Day at my High School in Utah they talked about this kind of stuff like how sometimes they have prayers and all this stuff....but having prayers and talking about testimonies in classes like Biology, Writing Communication, and Visual Media, all in the same day seems a little more than just sometimes to me.

Now I'm not saying I'm all anti-mormon with this stuff because it is cool.....but it is also really strange for me to have to get used to. Something about Nephite Currancy and Biology and Testimonies and getting lead by the spirit in Visual Media don't really seem to add up or really have a connection to me.....yet......

Anyways life here is gonna be interesting....that is all I know....





SO FAR SO GOOD THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish my luck everyone.

No comments: